Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Therapy for Depression Treatment
People suffering from depression often feel as if there are no more options available to them. They have tried antidepressant medications, therapy, psychiatric help, and perhaps even natural methods, such as yoga or meditation. But despite their best efforts, the symptoms return. NeuroStar TMS Therapy was designed with patients who have exhausted their options in mind.
If any of the following statements are true for you, then NeuroStar TMS Therapy may be the perfect solution to meet your needs:
- Depression interferes with your daily life.
- You are not satisfied with the results you have experienced using depression medications.
- You have experienced or worry about various side effects from depression medications.
- You have switched medications due to severe side effects.
- You are interested in a tested, non-drug therapy option.
Of course, NeuroStar TMS Therapy may not be right for everyone. Speak with a physician beforehand or read on to learn more about this treatment option.
Now, let’s dive into TMS treatments!
- You’ll recline comfortably in a treatment chair in the office.
- A curved magnetic coil is positioned gently over the head.
- NeuroStar directs magnetic stimulation directly to targeted regions of the brain.
- You’ll notice a faint clicking sound and tapping sensation where the coil is connected.
- You can easily resume normal activities, including driving or reading, immediately afterward.
- There are zero side effects to your alertness or memory.
An in-office treatment using NeuroStar TMS Therapy takes just 20-40 minutes to complete. You’ll undergo sessions once per day, five days a week, for 4-6 weeks. Afterward, most patients do not require a follow-up treatment until one year later.