Southlake Sleep or Insomnia Therapist
Insomnia is a relatively common sleep disorder. Those suffering from insomnia have a difficult time falling asleep, staying asleep, or they wake up too early and cannot fall back asleep afterward. Seeking therapy is a profound step in the right direction. Cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia, known as CBT-I, is effective and worthwhile.
What are some common signs and symptoms of Insomnia?
The symptoms of insomnia include:
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Waking up in the middle of the night
- Waking up early
- A feeling of unrest throughout the day
- Daytime tiredness or anxiety
- Difficulty paying attention
- Increased errors and accidents
- Constant worry regarding sleep
How is it determined that someone has Insomnia?
Depending on the severity of the situation, a variety of treatment options are available. For example:
- Physical Exam – If the reason behind your insomnia is unknown, your doctor/therapist may recommend a physical exam to determine any underlying medical problems, such as thyroid trouble.
- Sleep Study – A sleep study is performed to monitor the body’s activities while you sleep, including brain waves, breathing, heartbeat, eye movement, and more.
How is Insomnia being handled or treated in today’s society?
Today, people are sleeping less and working more. Sleep is complex, though. Science does not even wholly understand why we require sleep. As such, through research and recognition, we are seeing more of an impact on sleep studies and treatment. It’s easier than ever to speak with a doctor or therapist regarding insomnia and undergo treatment or acquire medication to resolve the trouble.
Get More Information on Insomnia
If you suffer from insomnia, don’t wait and hope for the situation to rectify itself. Sleep disorders are becoming increasingly more common, and seeking help does not have the same stigma it once held. Today, you can speak with a therapist or doctor quickly to secure treatment, all with Prime Behavioral Health.
Schedule an appointment for insomnia treatment in Southlake by calling 817-778-8884!